The last of IJGlobal’s regional awards dinners took place last night (28 March 2019) at a packed out Hilton Hotel in central Singapore. The best and the brightest from Asia’s infrastructure finance industry gathered to celebrate the outstanding transactions and companies of 2018.
The climax of the evening saw two of Asia’s leading institutions presented with IJGlobal’s prestigious global awards: SMBC was named Global Financial Adviser of the Year and Macquarie Capital walked home with the Global Sponsor of the Year.
These awards are especially important as they are decided by aggregating scores from across all four regional judging panels, and weighting those scores against IJGlobal’s 2018 league tables.
To win an award in the global category, competitors must have been notably active in the previous calendar year and highly rated by industry experts across the world.
The full list of winners in the company categories in the Asia Pacific region are as follows:
- Asia Pacific Sponsor of the Year – Marubeni Corporation
- Asia Pacific DFI of the Year – Asian Development Bank
- Asia Pacific Bond Arranger of the Year – Citigroup
- Asia Pacific Legal Adviser of ther Year – Allen & Overy
- Asia Pacific Financial Adviser of the Year – SMBC
- Asia Pacific MLA of the Year – Société Générale
The winning deals of the year in Asia Pacific were:
- Energy Storage - Bulgana Green Power Hub
- Biomass – Chana Green
- Hydro – Coc San
- Transport – WestConnex
- Mining & Metals – Gruyere Gold
- Midstream Oil & Gas – Australian Pacific LNG
- Upstream Oil & Gas – Project Gajah
- Petrochemicals – Long Son
- Coal-Fired power – Nghi Son II
- Refinancing – Bayfront Infrastructure Capital
- Geothermal – Rantau Dedap
- Social Infrastructure – Waikeria Prison
- Solar – Sunraysia
- PPP – Tibar Bay
- Waste – Kwinana Waste-to-Energy
- Onshore Wind – Douhoku
- Offshore Wind – Formosa I
- M&A – Equis Energy
- Gas-Fired Power – Java 1
The Asia Pacific dinner completed the 2018 set of regional awards nights. Congratulations to all of our winners.