Last Thursday (15 March), the great and the good of the Americas infrastructure market all squeezed into the ballroom at the Mandarin Oriental in New York for the IJGlobal Awards 2017.
Many of the attendees had come straight from IJGlobal’s Latin American Energy & Infrastructure Finance Forum in South Beach, Miami, but the inevitable late nights that accompany that notorious event did not dampen the atmosphere at the awards.
Instead, attendees managed to summon up the energy to celebrate in famous fashion the best of the best in the Americas infra market in 2017.
A total of 28 deals were recognised at the ceremony – with an additional 16 awards for the best institutions.
In the best deals categories, the big winners were OSU and Norte III, which were picked as the overall winners for North America and Latin America respectively.
For the best companies, RBC was the biggest winner – picking up the best MLA and the best Financial Adviser for North America, as well as being named Global Financial Adviser of the Year for 2017.
RBC joined Norton Rose Fulbright as one of four companies to win global awards this year. The final two global winners will be announced at ceremonies in Singapore and Dubai over the next two weeks.
The Americas award winners in the institution categories are:
- BDO – Americas Due Dilligence
- BTY Group – Americas Technical Adviser
- Global Infrastructure Partners III – Americas Infrastructure Fund
- CDPQ – Americas Institutional Investor
- INTECH Risk Management – Americas Insurance Adviser
- BlackRock – Americas Alternative Lender
- JP Morgan – Americas Bond Arranger
- Arclight – North America Sponsor
- Actis – Latin America Sponsor
- Philippe Prieto – Local Latin American Legal Adviser
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy – Latin American Legal Adviser
- Latham & Watkins – North America Legal Adviser
- Astris Finance – Latin America Financial Adviser
- RBC Capital Markets – North America & Global Financial Adviser
- SMBC – Latin America MLA
- RBC Capital Markets – North America MLA
The winners in the Transaction Category for North America are:
- Brookfield White Pine – North American Hydro
- Fort McMurray West – North American Transmission
- The Rt. Hon. Herb Gray Parkway – North American Refinancing
- Indiana Toll Road Refinancing – North American Project Bond
- Elba Island Liquefaction Facility – North American Midstream Oil & Gas
- ILX Holdings II – North American Upstream Oil & Gas
- EdgeConneX Chicago – North American Telecoms
- F. Wade International Airport – North American Airport
- I-66 Outside the Beltway – North American Roads
- Northwest Parkway – North American M&A
- Moapa Southern Paiute – North American Solar
- Kent Hills Wind – North American Wind
- Electrodes Holding – North American Energy Storage
- Hickory Run Energy – North American Power
- OSU Comprehensive Energy Management – North American Social Infrastructure
The winners in the Transaction Category for Latin America are:
- San Martin Project - Nicaragua – Latin American Hydro
- Melo-Tacuarembó – Latin American Transmission
- Celeo Redes – Latin American Refinancing
- Autopistas del Sol Refinancing – Latin American Project Bond
- NTS Acquisition – Latin American Midstream Oil & Gas
- Petroperu Inaugural Global Bond Offering – Latin American Downstream Oil & Gas
- Red Compartida – Latin American Telecoms
- Ruta al Mar – Latin American Transport
- Fruta Del Norte gold mine – Latin American Mining & Metals
- Phase I of Pirapora Solar PV – Latin American Multisourced
- Solem Solar – Latin American Solar
- AELA Energia – Latin American Wind
- Norte III – Latin American Power