You could have cut the air with a knife at the IJGlobal Asia Pacific Awards 2017, staged last night in Singapore… and it wasn’t down to humidity levels.
Knife-edge tension and edge-of-seat anticipation ruled as awards were announced and trophies presented to winners at the most prestigious infrastructure and energy awards ceremony in Asia Pacific.
As with the two previous IJ awards nights, one global award was presented – this one for MLA.
These awards are especially important as they are decided by aggregating scores from across all four regional judging panels and cross-referenced with IJGlobal’s full-year 2017 league tables.
To win an award in the global category, firms must have been both highly active during the previous calendar year and highly rated by industry experts across the world.
Singapore’s award was:
- SMBC – Global MLA of the Year
The two previous global awards were:
- Norton Rose Fulbright – Global Legal Adviser, presented in London
- RBC – Global Financial Adviser, presented in New York
There is one final global award to be presented – sponsor of the year – which will be handed over next week at the Middle East ceremony in Dubai.
In total, 24 awards were presented at Westin Singapore in front of a packed ballroom full of industry professionals.
The institution category award winners are:
- PwC – Public Sector Adviser of the Year
- Mott MacDonald – Technical Adviser of the Year
- Asian Development Bank – DFI of the Year
- Engie – Sponsor of the Year
- DBS Bank – MLA of the Year
- Allen & Overy – Legal Adviser of the Year
- HSBC – Financial Adviser of the Year
The winners in the transaction category are:
- Sirajganj 4 Dual Fuel – Power Deal of the Year
- Bungala PV Solar Phase 1 – Solar Deal of the Year
- Sapphire 150MW Wind Farm – Wind Deal of the Year
- Karot Hydropower – Hydro Deal of the Year
- North Sumatra Block A Gas Development – Upstream Oil & Gas Deal of the Year
- Pilgangoora Lithium Mine – Mining & Metals Deal of the Year
- Clean Ganga Varanasi Wastewater – Water Deal of the Year
- Tokyo International (Haneda) Airport Expansion – Airports Deal of the Year
- New Grafton Correctional Centre PPP – Social Infrastructure
- AirTrunk Data Centres – Telecoms Deal of the Year
- Victorian Desalination Refinancing – Refinancing Deal of the Year
- Paiton Energy Refinancing – Project Bond Deal of the Year
- Acquisition of Chevron's Indonesian Geothermal Assets – M&A Deal of the Year
- Melbourne Metro Tunnel & Stations PPP – Transport Deal of the Year
- Pengarang Oil Storage Facility – Downstream Oil & Gas Deal of the Year
- Moheshkhali Floating LNG Import Terminal – Midstream Oil & Gas Deal of the Year