Latest Transport News

  • Papua New Guinea shortlists transport advisers

    The government of Papua New Guinea today requested proposals from international advisory teams for contracts worth a combined $28.7 million to assist on 3 transport projects

  • Taaleri raising Finland-focused infrastructure fund

    Taaleri has launched a new infrastructure fund series with Taaleri Infra I

  • Contractor pulls out of bidding for AirTrain Newark

    A contractor leading one of the teams bidding to DBOM the AirTrain Newark replacement project has withdrawn

  • IJGlobal Awards 2020 – tune in to the Americas ceremony

    It is with a great pride that we bring to you today IJGlobal Awards 2020 – The Americas – giving the low down on the winners for regional market activity over the judging period

  • John Laing increases stake in Colorado transit P3

    John Laing has acquired an additional 5% equity stake from Fluor in the Denver Eagle P3 project in Colorado for $14 million, taking its total stake from 45% to 50%

  • IJGlobal Awards 2020 – watch the EMEA ceremony now

    We are delighted to present to you IJGlobal Awards 2020 for the Europe, Middle East and Africa region. For your entertainment, we are publishing an early view of the winners across the whole of EMEA

  • Standard Chartered arranges loan for Ghanaian road project

    A syndicate of banks led by Standard Chartered have signed with Ghana’s Ministry of Finance a €280 million social loan for the 64km Lot 1 of the Ghana Eastern Corridor project

  • IJGlobal Awards 2020 – watch the APAC ceremony now

    You are cordially invited to tune in to IJGlobal Awards 2020 to find out who has scooped the silverware for market activity across the Asia Pacific region over the last calendar year

  • EBRD appoints new head in Central Asia

    European Bank for Reconstruction and Development appointed Rika Ishii as head of Tajikistan

  • Mongolia railway adviser signs

    The government of Mongolia signed a contract with an international advisory team to assist on a more than $850 million railway line in the country’s capital

  • Chile to expand bus electrification efforts

    The Chilean transport ministry is to purchase 100 electric buses for use in the northern city of Copiapó, building on previous electrification efforts in Santiago

  • CIP energy transition fund hits first close

    Copenhagen Infrastructure Partners has reached an €800 million first close for CI Energy Transition Fund I, the firm’s first fund to expand beyond the power sector to other decarbonisation initiatives

  • Irish projects procurement authority seeks financial adviser

    The National Development Finance Agency of Ireland this month launched a tender for PPP and non-PPP projects and is on the look out for a financial adviser

  • New appointments to Queensland’s infra/energy companies

    Queensland's government has today announced top appointments within its state-owned infrastructure, energy and water corporations to help progress the state’s post-coronavirus recovery plan

  • Asian lifer commits to global fund

    An Asia-headquartered life insurer approved funding to a global infrastructure trust

  • Ashurst opens new Oz office

    Ashurst opened a new office in Melbourne

  • Brazil considers railway concession reforms

    The Brazilian ministry of infrastructure is considering the introduction of an authorisation system for new railways, potentially allowing companies to build new lines outside of the existing concession model

  • Brazil to auction 4 more port terminals

    The Brazilian water transport agency has announced an auction for the leasing rights to 4 port terminals

  • Ukraine and China to ink infra investment partnership

    Ukraine and China are set to sign a partnership agreement to further facilitate China’s participation in infrastructure projects across Ukraine